8/26/2011

Andrew Pudewa on "Freedomship" Education

This fellow, Andrew Pudewa, has been a frequent visitor in our home over the past four years. 



Er, well, let me clarify: his DVDs are oft watched and heard. He himself has never actually been here. Though I hasten to add he'd be most welcome if it ever happened that he was passing this way.

As one does. 

I listened to this recently, and thought I'd share it. He has so many interesting thoughts on education in general, and can articulate so much of what would be on my own mind ... only more articulately that I could.

If you click on the link, and scroll down to his photo, you can then press Watch Now to hear his wise words of wisdom. 










2 comments:

  1. I might have to have a listen. I imagine my girls would enjoy listening too.
    It is wonderful to have those voices who call us forth. I am interested to know what the homeschool movement is like in the UK. When we first started homeschooling here in the USA, I didn't know anyone who homeschooled and had never heard of it. I happened to read about the idea from a book I got through joining a book club. It was called "Homestyle Teaching" by Raymond more. I thought it was a wonderful idea, and so we did it. After that, I drank up anything I could get my hands on. In those days Gregg Harris became a sought after HomeSchool advocate and speaker. We went to conferences when we could. And when curriculum became much more available for homeschoolers... well, that was wonderful, I still can't resist a book or curriculum fair.

    Much Love,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some of the classes in our school have gone through his "Excellence in Writing" course. It is an awesome course for learning to write! He came and visited our school a years ago and his passion for writing was very inspirational.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails