4/30/2015

HOUSE FOR SALE!

*Ideal for a B&B or small Guest House*


Well, it's official: our house is now 'on the market'. Here's an idea of the schedule I'm planning.

The view from my sofa:


in mid-summer, the sun sets directly in my line of vision.




Every single night, the sky displays God's glory to me in a different array of colours and cloud formations.



In all my years of living here, I have never tired of soaking in the beauty of the sun setting.



You see? Different ...


but always beautiful.



And then again, we have beauty in the mornings.




On cold winter mornings, sometimes the sky lights up as though it's on fire.




On fire...



On other mornings, the scene is more serene, and even the rams seem to wish to simply savour the peace and tranquility of the morning.


A short walk from the house on an April morning can allow for this beauty ...



and in the evening, the same walk will not disappoint




As you can tell, I seem to forget that this is about our house. We don't own the beach, the sky, nor the beauty around us. We aren't selling them ... but whoever buys our home has the added bonus of all this beauty thrown into the package.

And so I must move inside ...

GROUND FLOOR

Utility Room


Utility Room


Not seen is a door leading to a W/C, and another door leading to a large shoe/jacket cupboard/drying room. The Utility Room also leads into a double integral garage with electric up-and-over door.


Kitchen - Diner

This large kitchen has an integral dishwasher, and large integral fridge. The Rangemaster has two electric ovens, one electric grill, and six gas burners on top. (It's not very formal, but can I just say .... I love it! Thank you.)



The dining area of the kitchen is bright and is spacious enough to fit a large extended table. 



The sitting area of the kitchen has a multi-fuel stove, and is possibly my favourite place in the house (along with my sofa in the Family Room).



Family Room


The large windows afford views straight 'down the croft' and onto the Atlantic.


This is where the summer sunsets are savoured by Moi.


Lounge

- a large, more formal room,


its large windows make it bright, and give views from West to North East - out towards the Atlantic Ocean, across to the Butt of Lewis, and over to Fivepenny, to the North-east.





Main Bathroom



 Office (or Bedroom 6)






Bedroom 1




...and en suite
 (excuse the colouring in the photo. I'm not quite sure what went wrong!)




Bedroom 2 (Guest room)



Bedroom 3




Hallway



FIRST FLOOR

Landing

I love this bright, sunny spot - ideal for a quiet read



Bedroom 4


A large double bedroom, with ample space


for sleeping ...


...and living!
(This room also has an en-suite which is not shown)


Bedroom 5




 And so you have photos of each of the rooms. I have not shown cupboards (large, double, shelved cupboard, and a single, shelved cupboard, both in the downstair hallway). Bedroom 5 also has a large cupboard off it, and though it's used simply as a cupboard, it is plumbed and wired for an en-suite.



Yes, I'm outside again ...

What the house photos cannot show is how safe and secure a person feels living here. I don't think there could be a better place in which to bring up children. 

The district of Ness sits at the Northernmost part of the Isle of Lewis. It has a real community spirit, and boasts a delightful primary school, a sports hall with 10-pin bowling, and a swimming pool. We have a local amateur football team, and there are many sporting opportunities for young (and not-so-young folk). Here in Ness, we also have a wonderful cafe, Cafe Sonas, which serves delicious locally produced and caught food, and a range of other small, local businesses.

There are two shops, selling groceries, fresh baking, petrol etc,, a laundrette, and a delightful Post Office. In addition, we also have a local historical society, churches, and community groups.

Ness is half-an-hour's drive (25 miles) from the island's main town of Stornoway.


 This is not our beach, of course, but it's what I think of as Our Beach. Stunningly beautiful when the weather is calm and also (maybe more so) when the waves crash right over the Eye of the Butt of Lewis.

If you are at all interested in buying this unique home, and wish to know more about it, please feel free to get in touch...

You can Private Message me on Homeschool on the Croft's Facebook page;

You can leave a comment here, and I'll answer you (please leave a contact email if you wish me to email you. I'll delete the email address from the comments section as soon as I use it.)

You can email me at anneemag23@aol.com;

And the official Hebridean Estate Agency can be found by clicking on the link.

Or, if you happen to be passing, feel free to drop by ... that's the Lewis way of doing things after all!

UPDATE: I have photos of the outside of the house now :)











13 comments:

  1. Oh! I soooooo want to stop by!
    How will I ever learn the Lewis way?
    I reckon you can show me from wherever we are when finally we 'meet'! 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope, wherever we live, this part of the 'Lewis way' will always be the same ... open door for you, Keri :)
      A x

      Delete
  2. You have a lovely house with an amazing view! We have just recently moved up to the Western Isles from Central Scotland too and homeschool as well! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome to the island! I've visited your website - well done, it looks great :)
      Anne

      Delete
  3. I can hardly stand that you are moving, really - I love your sunsets every single time. Then again, one look at your beautiful home and I don't think we need to pack, there is room for all of us over there. On the other hand, we are sunny South Africans and not created for the cold at all. One speckle of snow would have us fleeing for sunshine. Oh the dilemma of folk moving on the far side of the world. I am going to have a cup of tea and think about staying right where we are!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, a cup of tea makes EVERYthing better :) :)

      And I do hope I'll have sunsets to show in time to come too ...

      Anne x

      Delete
  4. This is a truly amazing house, and a beautiful place to live. I love Scotland and can't wait to visit it again one day. To live there would be amazing.

    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I have to admit that it really is a beautiful place, but there's so much beauty everywhere really, Deanna
      Anne x

      Delete
  5. A truly beautiful home, good luck with the sale and ultimate move.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely house and what a wonderful beach! I hope you will feel just as blessed with your next home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, this has been a wonderful home, and it would be wonderful to think of being similarly blessed in our next home too. God is able :)
      Anne x

      Delete
  7. Such a beautiful Home Anne, I know you will all miss it very much; and yet, the Lord will prepare a wonderful way for you.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails