9/19/2015

Wedding Day, Part I


I don't have any 'proper' photos, so I've nicked some of the ones my Facebook friends have posted and will give you a wee glimpse into our day.

This was the moment the Builder first saw Catherine in her wedding dress. At this point, all my morning's emotion was bubbling very, very close to the surface. Dangerously close. 



As he moved forward, himself with tears in his eyes, he hugged her in a way that said, 'I am holding you lightly because of your veil and hair and dress. But my desire is actually to hold you so tightly and never let you go.'



At this point, my heart truly felt painful. I had to keep my emotion in check. I cannot do an elegant tear rolling down my cheek. If I allowed my emotion to seep through at all, the floodgates would have burst open. It simply couldn't happen.

The Builder then prayed with us. I am turned away from him and Catherine at this point. I'm sorry, I really don't want to sound dramatic, but this was agony

(Yes, I'm thankful, as is Catherine's dad, that she is marrying in the Lord. What could be better? Yes, we are sharing her joy that she is marrying the man she loves and that God took into her life. Yes, I am thankful that her leaving home is in the best possible way, and for the best possible reason. But I repeat: it was painful. It is painful.)




Okay, I'm going to move on from the Builder and myself, and focus on the beautiful bride ....


...and her beautiful bridesmaid. 

This has got to be Katie's best selfie ever. I simply love it!


Here I am standing outside the church with John's mum. At this point, the day was dull but dry. We were all at the church on time. My emotions were doing just fine. And all was going swimmingly.



I'm not sure who was still around at this point ... whose photo this is ... but here is the Builder, ready to walk into church with his daughter on his arm. Ready to give her away.




And here he is a few seconds from answering the question, 'Who gives this woman away?' with the two simple words, 'I do'.


And that was it. She was then placed in the hands of the man who will take care of her for the rest of his or her life. She is his until separated by death.

And I wouldn't have it any other way.



24 comments:

  1. Beautiful, simply beautiful. May they be blessed with a long and happy life together, wishing them both wealth, health and happiness. A wondrous occasion for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are such beautiful photos and such touching words. I can hardly begin to imagine how you must feel. It's bad enough when they leave to go off to university each year, but getting married is in a whole other league.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is another league. I knew weddings were emotional - I *always* cry at them! (even when I'm watching them on TV!!).... but I was not really prepared for the level of emotion on that day, Linda. It was really quite overwhelming.
      But I'm much better now :) :)

      Delete
  3. Thank you for sharing the lovely photographs! I have all that emotional upheaval ahead of me... And congratulations to the bride and groom :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you have a wedding coming soon? It really IS emotional.... I'm warning you to be prepared :)

      I'll pass your congratulations on, thank you x

      Delete
  4. Beautiful! A God glorifying ceremony celebrating a new covenant family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is gorgeous! What a wonderful dress and veil! I understand your emotions - joy and sadness all at once! It comes out to just joy soon enough.

    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, such a mix of emotions, Deanna :)

      And yes, her dress was very, very lovely, even if I say so myself
      A x

      Delete
  6. Lovely photos! Are you still in Ness?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely photos! Are you still in Ness?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YEs, Sharon, still here until the end of this week. We are having some manic packing days right now..... Tiring!

      Delete
  8. Beautiful!! So emotional I just cannot imagine. Thank you for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you're welcome, and you're so right ... VERY emotional :)
      A x

      Delete
  9. Beautiful and love the colors of the bridesmaids dresses ~Great pictures Congratulations to your family ~Heather

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Heather. Yes, the bridesmaids were a lovely deep colour.
      A x

      Delete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful, beautiful bride!!! And you look lovely too mama! I understand all too well the emotions you are feeling. My daughter got married in July . . . and moved 1,800 miles away from me. It is the hardest thing I've every done in my life. And yet, time marches on. You will miss her, every single day. But you will talk. I've discovered FaceTime!! So I feel like I get to spend a little time with her every day. I am so happy for my daughter, and for yours, but I know how you feel. Blessings my Scottish friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am SO thankful for FaceTime! All day, I couldn't stop thinking of people whose daughters and sons married and then went to live on the other side of the world in the days before phones or technology .... just the odd letter here or there. Oh my , how their hearts must have been *breaking* :'( . I haveSO much to be thankful for.... so, so much
      Thank you for understanding :)
      A x

      Delete
  12. So lovely wedding!! I like taking a glimpse into your life. Actually I am kind of addicted to your blogs. Well, I just got back from the destination wedding ceremony. It had been held at terrific space Miami events venue. I completely enjoyed my trip.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a beautiful wedding, beautiful bride, beautiful couple, beautiful family…. beautiful on the inside and the outside. So happy for you all. Congratulations and may their marriage be blessed with a life of joy.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It has been a very long time since I have stopped by your blog. I still love everything you post. Your pictures are wonderful. This post made me tear up. I can't imagine what it would be like to walk a daughter down the aisle. My oldest is now 17 and man - I just can't imagine. I have four more after her! Ah. And another baby on the way, not sure what gender. I can't believe you moved. Your property was so very lovely! I am sure you will miss it, but will make so many more memories in your new place.

    The wedding was lovely! Love it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails