3/16/2011

Weightless Wednesday Link-up



 
I'm linking today to Everyday Ruralty. Patrice has a Weight loss post each week, and, although it's called Weight loss, it often deals simply with healthy eating and food issues in general.

So..... that's my excuse. Because I couldn't possibly have any interest in weight loss per se. Could I?

Er, twelve pounds. That's all I'm saying. And I said it so quickly and quietly that none of you really heard me. Isn't that right? 

Good. Then we'll move on quickly to Patrice's questions.

1. What's your favorite thing to do outside when spring arrives?

Oh, that's easy! It's about the only thing I do outside: plant in our vegetable plot. I've planted some seed indoors already, and I am definitely looking forward to getting our potatoes planted, and our seeds and seedlings into the ground.

2. What flower are you most looking forward to seeing this spring?

Er, flowers? What are they?! I'd love to see a flower...any flower... in our garden! The wind just will not allow anything more that a few days of daffodils - if that. But I do enjoy seeing them if they are able to open out and stay alive.

I love seeing flowers in other people's gardens though. Tulips are probably my favourite.

3. Is there someone who encourages you to be healthy?

I'm not sure about this one. Most people I know simply love their food. Lots and lots of it! Lots of meat (red meat, preferably!), puddings, cakes, biscuits.... So, you see what kind of trouble I'm in!

4. Where would you go on vacation if money was no abject? Okay, this has nothing to do with weight, but it's a fun question!

I mentioned this a few days ago, I think. It would be a toss-up between a West-to-East drive of Canada and an East-to-West drive of the USA. A good, long holiday with the Builder. I love reading of the 'heading West' days of the pioneers, and would love to follow their trail. (Although the stopping off en route at establishments-with-showers-and-electric-and good-breakfasts would take away from the authenticity of our journey, this would, without doubt, be a prerequisite. So, although I love to read of the pioneers' journeys, I don't pretend for a moment to want to follow in their footsteps in these ways. How I admire these women. They were hardy.)

We reckon we ought to start saving for it now, and maybe we'll be able to do it when we're, oh, about ninety!

But I can dream! (Does dreaming burn up calories?!)

5. Is there something nice you can do for someone else this week?

I am praying for a dear friend who has real struggles just now.
I am going to make sure that the Builder's packed lunch is made every evening, so he doesn't have to start doing stuff in the morning himself.
I am going to write two letters to people I reckon would appreciate them - by letters I mean pen and paper and envelopes and stamps. You remember them!

8 comments:

  1. I think that dreaming can be considered exercise and burns calories!!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a fantastic diet that I would recommend to one all. It's a seafood diet.........you sea food and eat it! Awwww man, you gotta laugh :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your idea for a trip. I think the same things too. Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your last thing mentioned, a handwritten letter, sent through the mail. That is an art that must not be lost. Makes me want to put that on my to-do list this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you joined in today! If you ever have that trip, I would love to have you visit.I remember what handwritten letters are. They're a favorite of mine!I love the idea of dreaming as an exercise. I will be thin soon that way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too windy for flowers???

    Let us (Americans) know if you make that trek.

    I love receiving letters! They are so old fashioned and a lost art if you ask me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful post...I do hope you get to take your dream trip one day. I need to write some letters as well to my penpals ;) Thanks for the reminder ~Hope your having a nice week. ~Love Heather

    ReplyDelete
  8. love your answers ~ it's always fun getting to know people better.

    hope you're having a great week!!!

    p.s. i love to eat too :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails