3/30/2011

Phones, Animals and Kitchens

Yesterday, whilst driving down the east coast between Aberdeen and Edinburgh, Catherine's mobile rang.

The conversation on Catherine's end went something like this:

Cath: "Awww. Awwwwww. Awwwwwww."

Silence.

"Wow! Aww. Twins. Oh my pet."

Silence while she listened to conversation from the other end

Cath:  Oh. Oh dear. Right. In the kitchen.

My ears tune in at this point. For a moment earlier in the conversation, I reckoned she must have been talking about a newly born lamb. The first newly born lamb. 

But now she's mentioning 'The Kitchen'. My Kitchen, I presume.

Yep, you guessed it. I'm away just over 24 hours, and already there are animals in my kitchen.

I can't make up my mind whether I ought to get home. Quickly. Or whether I ought to stay away even longer.

Animals. Kitchens. My kitchen. These terms are not supposed to be used in the same conversation...

Anyway, here are some of the scenes passing by my eyes while I had to endure the thought of the aforementioned animals, kitchens etc

Llamas. Furry Llamas. Very odd looking creatures, but lest I offend any llama-loving friends, I'm sure they are delightful creatures. Delightful, but quirky.

Fields ploughed and ready to be planted. What a wonderful feeling it must be for farmers to see their seed sprouting in a few weeks' time.

Further south, and along the east coast the soil was so red. The difference in such a short distance was amazing.

Rows and rows of polytunnels. They my be used for strawberries, but I'm not sure about that.

Crossing the Forth Road Bridge, with the 
Forth Rail Bridge beside us.

13 comments:

  1. Lovin' the pictures of your trip! As to the animals in the kitchen - you made me laugh! When our first lambs were born, the only thing that kept us from moving them all in to the house was my practical dad... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, try not to worry too much, at least it's only a baby sheep. My aunt had baby pigs in her bathroom.

    Looks like you all are having a grand time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have survived animals in my kitchen and I guess you will too. I put my foot down at cattle and horses though :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Animals of the out door type in the kitchen...well, oh well...

    Thanks so much for taking us down the road with you! It is a lovely trip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaaaaaa gasp haaaahahaa! I can just picture your face when you heard the word kitchen.
    I am thinking of the book Stormy by the author of Misty of Chincoteague. They had a foal and mare in their kitchen!!! You just have lambs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmm. Hope your kitchen is in better shape than you might think when you return!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Animals in the kitchen? Hope you have tile or concrete floors in there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. funny what boys can get into!

    i'm sure they'll be some santizing in your near future upon arriving home :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Delightfulness and quirkiness seem to go together in more than just animals, if you know what I mean. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my in the kitchen huh? Hmmm well just try to not think of it now and enjoy your trip lol ~Thanks for sharing Love Heather

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ah Ha ha; loved the conversation. Yes, as you know I am no stranger to animals in the kitchen... even livestock yes, it happens doesn't it. Now I would like to hear/see the end of that story. Love getting the tour as you go. So fun, I feel as if I am actually traveling with you girls.
    Much Love
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  12. Animals in the kitchen??? Really??? What happened next? Good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just came blog-hopping and found almost the same strawberry polytunnels that I posted yesterday, from the same stretch of road near Dundee!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails