6/23/2011

Wednesdays Words on Thursday. Again.



Wednesday's Words on Thursday again. I could get used to this!

Here are Patrice's questions for this week:


1. I've heard it said that there are two body types when weight is gained? Some are like an apple with a big gain in the middle and others are like a pear with a larger lower region. What kind of fruit are you? :)
 
Oh, I haven't a clue. Maybe I'm sweet and cute like a strawberry. Of course, maybe I'm not, but I did have to find some excuse to bring up strawberries! Thank you for giving me the opportunity to mention strawberries because I must show you this....
 


 and this...



Isn't it exciting? Our first strawberries ever.


Yes, I'm aware this is totally off topic, but I couldn't wait to show y'all.

2. Have you ever joined an exercise studio or gym?
 
No. I know it would be a waste of money, but I can honestly use the excuse that we're 25 miles from the nearest town, and if I really wanted to exercise, I could go for a walk on the machair, or use the treadmill. Hah! Remember that piece of equipment!

3. What was your favorite vacation ever?
 
Oh that's easy! In 2008, we headed to the USA and spent almost four weeks in that wonderful country. We flew to Toronto, spent some days in Ontario, then travelled in to the United States. We drove around 3000 miles, and loved every single place we visited and every person we met. I could go on and on about this wonderful holiday, but you can see some of the states we visited here.

4. Is there a famous person you'd like to be like?
 
Oh, this is difficult. When I read of Corrie ten Boom and her amazing reactions and graciousness in what she went through..... boy, what grace! She is so different to what I find in my own heart, but then, maybe it takes the trials she went through to shine that brightly. We tend to want to shine without the pain of the refining...
 
I would like to have the cooking talent of Nigella Lawson; the demeanour of Caroline Ingalls; the sense of duty of our Queen; the graciousness in defeat of General Lee; the writing ability of Francine Rivers; the organisational skills of, er, well, anyone really; the faith of George Muller; and the tenacity of Hudson Taylor.

5. What's your favorite way to have coffee? If you don't drink coffee, then tell me about another beverage you like.
 
I'm not really a coffee drinker. I drink tea, but only with cake or biscuit, or a sandwich - never a cupan falamh. That only makes sense if you have Gaelic: the rest of you may ignore it!



7 comments:

  1. I really like your answer to #4. I think good qualities of multiple people would make something to aspire to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Number 4 provided some great, well-thought answers! I totally agree with you, I think my list would almost be identical! LOL However, I do like coffee and tea, with tea being my absolute first love and favorite. :) And I drink it al-a-carte all the time. haha Just because I'm curious: does cupan falamh in Gaelic have a similar meaning to al-a-carte in English, that you will drink the tea alone without food? -- Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous strawberries!!!!

    Loved your "Wednesday Words" answers........a definite highlight on my morning "stroll" on the internet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the way you avoided the question and answered with strawberries. :-) They look wonderful and I am happy right along side you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rachel, 'cupan falamh' does indeed have that meaning! Literally, it's 'an empty cup'... of tea! Go figure :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. ' There is no trouble so great or grave that cannot be much dimished by a cup of tea.'
    ~Bernard-Paul Heroux

    a favorite quote about a favorite drink, from another blog I like....

    http://abritintn.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes! I always wanted Caroline Ingalls' demeanour too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails