8/15/2012

Our Weekly Porch Chat



Here are Patrice's questions for this week, for our Chat on the Porch.

1. What was your biggest fear as a child?

You know, Patrice, I can't think that I had any fears as a child. From the age of twelve, I began to fear - very much - dying, because I knew I wasn't saved. That terrified me. But as a child, I think I had no fears of anything.

I must have had a really secure childhood :)

2. Who taught you to cook?

Well, I'm not sure I've learnt a lot about cooking. I think I've just begun to learn - from books, from the internet and from TV cookery programmes. When I was younger, I used to bake in my mum's kitchen, but until I married, I did very little cooking.

I think my own kids will be much better prepared for the kitchen than I was!

3. Do you have a lot of books in your home?

Oh, Patrice! Yes, I certainly do!


These are just some of them, but there are books everywhere in this house! The bookshelves here never look particularly tidy, but that's probably because they really are working bookshelves, and you can see books sitting on both arms of the sofas in the photo. 

Not living in a family of tidy people means I find books everywhere: beside every bed; on every sofa and chair; in every bag; on every table ...  

4. Do you like carrot cake? What's your favourite frosting?

I have never made carrot cake, but I certainly do have a favourite. If you go to this post, you will see the carrot cake my friend, Dawn, makes. It actually is the most delicious cake of any description I have ever eaten.

I choose my friends well.

5. What did the last funny t-shirt you read say?

Living in Ness doesn't give me the opportunity to see too many t-shirts - they're normally covered up by a jumper (sweater to you guys across the Pond) ... ! And I can't think of a funny slogan off the top of my head.






7 comments:

  1. I do believe you and I might come in tied for first with the number of books we have. It's crazy! I find them laying everywhere too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My bookshelf collapsed the other day. Fortunately I was not under it at the time. (It is on the wall over my bed.) You can rightly surmise that I love books, too!
    -Kristin from across the pond

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you DO have a lot of books. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fortunate that you didn't have fears as a child. I spend lots of time picking up books that have run away from their owners! I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Anne,
    Its so nice to catch up with you. Reading down through your posts, you make me laugh as usual. I love your book shelves, and recognize you as fellow book junkies. We are the same. I have cleaned out and re-collected many times over the years. I can never resist them. I don't consider books that are left around as untidy... only shoes, dishes, clothes etc... I think of books as decorative in any format :) Your new blog format looks great. The island is looking so delightfully refreshing and cool.... it makes me long for some of that air.

    Much Love,

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  6. um YES you do have some books for sure LOL happy week to you :]

    ReplyDelete
  7. May we have the recipe for the carrot cake, please!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails