9/10/2015

SUMMER HAS ARRIVED!!!

Yes, the capitals are necessary. And yes, the exclamation marks are necessary.

Having had the least summery summer I have ever known, the past couple of days have given us a real taste of summer sunshine. In Autumn.

Despite all our busyness, Katie decided to drop tools and head down to the beach to enjoy  the delicious sights and sounds on Tràigh Shanndaigh. I haven't done anything to any of the photos, so the colours do not do justice to the beauty, but I still want to give y'all a glimpse of 'our beach'. Yes, that's the beach that will soon not be on our doorstep. It will, however, be 'our beach' for our kids forever.




What the pictures never show (and yes, I know I've said this time and time again) is the sound of the sea. It really is well named, Ceòl na Mara.



There is something about the sound of the ocean that is inexplicable. At least, I am unable to explain it.



All I can say is that it does something to the deepest parts of my heart.





 And finally, it was time for Katie to come home.




*      *      *

Yesterday, Katie and Calum couldn't resist heading down again. 

Now, normally Katie's selfies look something like this:


(this was from Tuesday's visit to the beach)


....or like this:


(this was from yesterday's trip)


But, believe it or not, she pointed the camera in the proper direction and gave us a proper selfie today.





and even gave us a doubly-fab-selfie:




There's something about the endless rolling of the waves that makes even Calum, at his stage of life, stop and ponder.




Jackson, on the other hand, has little time for such contemplation ...

 This is more his style.





6 comments:

  1. Simply stunning, such a beautiful place to live. I am sure you will miss it terribly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's no doubt that it's stunning.... no matter how often I head down there, that beach (and many others within a few miles of our home) takes my breath away.

      I'm so glad to have our whole family moving together. Leaving THEM would be unimaginably hard, so (apart from Catherine of course, who will be married!) we'll all be together and that will help with everything else that I miss.

      Anne x

      Delete
    2. So true Anne! We have dropped off our eldest, Anita, in Aberdeen last week to begin her University life and now I want nothing more than to move to the mainland to be able to at least visit more often...Yolanta xx

      Delete
  2. Beautiful! The scenery and the people. :) I adore these pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to ask, is the water cold? lol. Coming from Florida, I can't imagine jumping in to that water! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning beauty. I can't get enough of Scotland's beauty. I'm going to have to visit again, and again. Thankfully, I found your blog and can see your lovely photos. I know you are going to miss this beautiful Isle, but I trust you'll find new beauties in your new home. I understand what you mean by the family all going together, and that makes it okay. My kids are starting to get married, and one is away at Bible School, and we miss her.

    Deanna

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails