4/20/2010

Planting the 'Earlies'.....Yipee!

Before we leave for our holiday.....IF the flights decide to take off in time!... the Builder and his Brothers had some work to do. First they ploughed this patch.

The Builder is driving the tractor.

That's the difficult job. Obviously.
The Builder's Big Brother, and the Builder's Baby Brother are helping.
My Baby, Calum Stewart, is the gaffer.


After the ploughing, the ground was harrowed

We (notice the Royal 'we' - you do understand 'I' am involved. Mmmm) had to remove stones and smooth the ground off.

All ready to plant these. Early potatoes.

Production line

Notice how the three of them work in total harmony.
Notice also the 'gaffer' making sure they're not slacking off. You just can't trust these big boys.

Ploughing MY plot. Yes!!

This was a bonus. The manure we (there's that 'we' again!) put on a couple of weeks ago is now well and truly mixed in. I can't wait to start planting. Can't wait!

















2 comments:

  1. Fantastic!

    Looks like my seedlings are going to be making their way to somewhere near you, poor wee things ;-)

    And I got told by someone I was *OLD* for planting seeds!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I posted a comment several minutes ago, but it never showed up, so perhaps I pressed the wrong button when I was done; if you get two comments from me you will know why. In America it is "Mother's Day", so I wanted to wish you a happy "Mother's Day", with many blessings.

    Thank you so much for the sweet comment on my blog. Your prayers are cherished. You put me in mind of your soldiers as well, and I will keep them in my prayers now as I pray for our own boys.

    I am looking forward to your next post about the croft. I love hearing about what you are up to and about the cows and the garden :) We have had cows; they're great. Your blog is fun; you make me laugh.
    Many Blessings to you and your family,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails