7/23/2012

The Answer to the Riddle

Well, a few of you were able to solve the riddle, but for those of you slowly but surely going mad, here is the answer:


It's Jonah's Whale....


Re-read it, and see how the whale that swallowed Jonah fits it all.


God formed the first man out of dust, 
but first made me, in purpose just;
So I was made before the man,
to answer God's most holy plan.

My body He did make complete,
but without arms or legs or feet;
My ways and acts He did control,
but to my body gave no soul.

A living being I became,
and Adam gave to me a name;
I from his presence then withdrew, 
and never more of Adam knew.

I did my Maker's law obey,
not from it ever went astray;
Thousands of miles I go in fear,
but seldom on the earth appear.

For purpose wise which God did see,
He put a living soul in me;
Days few - and nights - passed by, and then
He took from me that soul again.

When I had thus His will obeyed,
I was the same as when first made;
and without arms or legs or soul.
I travel on from Pole to Pole.

I move with easy by day and night,
to fallen man give great delight;
Thousands of people, young and old,
do by my death great light behold.

No right or wrong can I conceive,
the Scriptures I can not believe;
to heaven above, I cannot go,
nor to the grave, or hell below.

Now when these lines you closely read, 
go search the Bible with all speed;
For that my name's recorded there
I honestly to you declare.


And now I'm off to look at more of DR and Catherine's photos from their amazing three week holiday to Canada and the USA. Undoubtedly, I shall hear more stories too. They don't tire of telling them, and I don't tire of listening.


To those who showed them so much kindness, I cannot thank you enough. Truly, I can only thank God for all you did for them. The Moores in Toronto, the Murrays and the Ts in Grand Rapids, and all the wonderful young folk they met at the Youth Conference and at their Soccer Nights ... you all gave them an unforgettable holiday.


Our prayer, of course, is that all that was experienced by all who were there would be blessed to never-dying souls.





2 comments:

  1. THANK YOU for the answer. Of course, it makes perfect sense now!! :)

    And, more importantly, I'm so glad the USA/Canada trip was splendid. Not that I ever doubted that it would be... :)

    Just make sure you come along next time, and plan for a nice long stay in Virginia. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I just couldn't figure that one out, but it makes sense now! Very clever.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails