Some time back on Homeschool on the Croft's Facebook page, I linked to a post on The Pioneer Woman's site where she talked about some of the differences between herself and her husband.
It got me thinking about just some of the differences between the Builder and me.
(Gratuitous use of this photo, simply because I like it.)
This photo is linked to my first point (below), so it's not being used gratuitously. Phew!
* The Builder's dream day out would consist of walking miles across the moor with his brothers. Much as I would love to spend my time with his brothers (ahem), walking the moors is probably not my idea of a dream day. In my dream day, my feet would be up and I'd be comfortably warm in front of a peat fire.
* I love watching sport. The Builder - nope.
* The Builder likes exercising. Me - nope. I do, however, like to watch him exercising, so maybe that counts ;)
* I love discussing politics. The Builder would rather have teeth pulled.
* I love reading about history. The Builder would fall asleep on the first page of any history book.
* The Builder is calm. Me too.
Okay, maybe that's not quite true.. I have been known to get rather hot under the collar once or twice.
But he calms me. Did I ever tell you about the time I was in hospital after the Wee Guy was born (I know I told you about that, but I mean this specific aspect of it ....). My blood pressure was high: really high. The readings were being taken every 30 minutes, and when the Builder came in to visit, my blood pressure went down significantly. Every single time, of every single day, this happened.
* He has stickability. When he decides to do a thing, he will stick with it until it's done. When I decide to do a thing, the process of deciding exhausts me to such an extent that all I'm able to do is sit with a cup of tea and a cake.
~ ~ ~
There are of course some things in which we are the same.
We love our Saviour; we love each other; we love the kids.
We both love food. And tea. And cakes. And chocolate.
Consequently, we're both looking to lose a pound or two.
So, what about you? Are you folks examples of 'opposites attract'? Or was it similar interests that drew you together?