9/17/2013

Chatting with Patrice





Great to be with you this week again, Patrice. I just had a lovely chat with Wendell, and he was having a bit of a moan about the lack of attention he's been getting. I did point out that he had a whole blog post to himself the other day, but I realized that when he says he'd like attention, he really means he wants more carrots. Well, we'll begin our chat, but I may nip over to poor Wendell once or twice while I'm here. I don't want him to be feeling left out.

For now though, I've got my cuppa, and so on to your questions.


1. What's the one thing you feel is the biggest waste of your time during an average week?

The hours I spend on the treadmill.


2. When was the last time you baked a pie?

I baked an apple pie a couple of weeks ago, and actually took it to an American couple staying in Ness. I felt a bit bad taking apple pie to an American ... I mean, it's a bit like taking coals to Newcastle, snow to Alaska or sand to the Sahara.

Of all pies, plain ol' apple pie has to be my favourite. 


3. What do you want to spend time doing that you aren't right now?

Two things:

1. Learning the piano.

I don't know if I'll ever get to learn to play the piano, but I would love it so, so much. And so, I've begun spending a tiny amount of time every day on the keyboard. If time were not in such short supply, it would be great to spend more time tinkering on the keys, but for now, a little is better than nothing at all.

2. Spending time on the treadmill.

What? You seriously thought I was being truthful when I answered Question 1? Are you for real?


4. What do you do with old clothes?

Erm ... I wear them!

(That's how my daughters answered this question for me.)

I actually sent a rather large bag of 'old' clothes to charity the other day. I do sometimes throw stuff out ... there are times when clothes reach a stage they are simply unwearable. And if I wouldn't wear them, it's unlikely anyone else would ;)


5. If we were having lunch on the porch today, what would you bring from the potluck styled lunch?

May I bring the aforementioned apple pie?


And now, because I know y'all are desperate to know what our weather has been like, here are a couple of photos Calum and I took down at the machair yesterday.



Take a look at the bottom-right of the photo. See the Wee Guy? Yes, he arrived with his arsenal of weapons at hand. He wasn't fighting the 60mph winds - he barely noticed them. He was fighting the redcoats.



This photo, and the next one, was taken from Swainbost machair - the next village to where we are now, but the village in which I grew up.



Even a wee glimpse of this machair does my heart good.

Have a great week, Patrice. And give Wendell some carrots from me!


20 comments:

  1. OH, wow, those photos are breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Becky. It really does take your breath away sometimes... Love the sea!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful pictures, and everyone needs an apple pie once in a while

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aye, it never goes wrong, Leslie ;) In fact, I fancy a slice of one right now!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful photos and apple pie is a dessert that just about everyone loves. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and yes, it's true that I don't hear many folk who'd refuse a piece of apple pie :)

      Delete
  4. Beautiful views, saw the lambs there too! Cxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the sight is a beauty to behold, there's no doubt

      Delete
  5. Machair, I love the internet and blogs, I learn something new every day. Beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a good word, isn't it :) ... better seeing it, mind you ;)

      Delete
  6. Love those pictures. The first one made my eyes water, ever-so-slightly...LOVE SCOTLAND!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Yes, I love these kinds of photos myself - even though they're not *quite* the same as being there in person ... next best thing, though :)

      Delete
  7. Exercising is a big time cruncher for me, too. I ride my bike an hour and then do a cardio or resistance training DVD for half an hour each day. You'd think I'd burn those pounds right off, but they slow to shed. I think that's what happens as you get older, though. lol

    Your pics are breathless! Plain ole apple pie is my favorite, too. I'm sure your American friends loved it. You just can't go wrong with a classic!

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Erm, Cathy ... I think you missed the bit where I admitted the treadmill answer was, erm, less than truthful!!

      And yes, we love apple pie here too - never get tired of it :)

      Delete
  8. There's nothing wrong with taking an apple pie to an American. I would like to watch someone try to take snow to Alaska. Your pictures are so beautiful. I just found a Fodor book on Scotland at a yard sale. I bought it so I could dream of taking a trip to Scotland. Then I could come pick up my own apple pie and Wendell's carrots. We could have such a nice chat in person. Oh, wishes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We keep dreaming, Patrice :) . It brings a smile to our face, and that can't be bad, eh :)

      Delete
  9. Would you look at your little guy... fighting the Redcoats... awesome photograph!!! Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aye, he's a sweetie right enough ... though with mixed loyalties ;)

      Delete
  10. I'll eat one of your apple pies any day. Do you grow apples in your area? Your pictures are wonderful. It looks like some very fierce wind and surf. Is it getting cold there yet?
    Love and Blessings,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you *serious*, Pam?! Grow apples .... That would require TREES....!!

      Nope. No apple trees. No trees at. all. here!

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails